Monday, June 6, 2011

Slow Cooked Casserole

This recipe comes from my favourite food website, Taste.com.au




Get This -
  • 800g chuck steak, diced
  • 4 Desiree potatoes, cubed
  • 4 carrots, trimmed, sliced
  • 415g can diced tomatoes
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • 1 beef stock cube, crushed
  • 1/4 cup plain flour
  • crusty bread, to serve

Do This -
  1. Preheat oven to 130°C. Place meat, potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, tomato paste and stock cube into an ovenproof casserole dish. Add a pinch of dried herbs and season with salt & pepper if you wish.  Mix well to combine.
  2. Cover with a lid. Bake for 3 hours 45 minutes, stirring once or twice during cooking.
  3. Remove casserole from oven. Stir in peas. Gradually add flour, stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming. Return to oven. Cook, uncovered, for a further 15 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy. Does the meat come out nice and tender? I always seem to end up with meat that's not overly tender. Prob coz I don't cook it so long I guess!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Jodie, it was really tender. I love doing this one because I can put it one during the day then when dinner time rolls around, I don't have to do anything! :)

    ReplyDelete