Linda came to the rescue with this delicious and EASY recipe.
Get This -
1 2/3 cups plain flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
2/3 cup cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons bicarb soda
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
125g softened butter
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla essence
Do This -
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Stir flour, sugar, cocoa and bicarb together in a bowl.
- Add buttermilk, softened butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Beat with electric mixer or by hand for 30 seconds then more vigorously until dry ingredients are moist.
- Pour into greased and floured 23cm cake tin.
- Bake for 45 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
- Use melted chocolate or butter icing.