Get This -
500g beef cubed
1 tablespoon massaman curry paste
3 potatoes peeled and cubed
400ml coconut milk
(that was their bit...here's my added extras...)
1 brown onion, cut into fine wedges
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
juice from 1 lime
Do This -
- Heat 1/4 cup water on high heat in large saucepan.
- Add beef and onions and cook until beef is browned.
- Mix coconut milk, curry paste, sugar, fish sauce and lime juice together and add to saucepan with beef and onions along with potatoes.
- Simmer for at least 2 hours. (The original recipe said 20 mins but I find meat is always chewy unless it has been cooked slowly for a couple of hours at least.)
- Stir occasionally and season with salt to taste.
- Serve with rice.
You could add peanuts or cashews.
You could garnish with your favourite herbs.
You could serve with green vegetables and carrots.
Or you could eat as it but try not to eat too much!!