Get This -
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 red onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 bunch English spinach, stems trimmed, washed, dried, coarsely chopped
125g (1/2 cup) smooth ricotta
2 bacon rashers, diced
4 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
Freshly ground black pepper
Do This -
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Add the onion and bacon and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add spinach and tarragon and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until spinach just wilts. Remove from heat.
- Whisk the ricotta, feta, eggs and nutmeg together in a large bowl. Season with pepper.
- Put onion and bacon mixture into a greased pie dish and spread to cover the base evenly.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Place in oven and cook for 40 minutes or until quiche is set.