It's a new favourite!!
I found it on Taste.com.au and changed a few things.
I added some bacon, changed the parsley to coriander and cooked it in the oven because I don't have a grill.
Get This -
- 20g butter
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 eggs
- 75g mature cheddar, coarsely grated
- 2 bacon rashers, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander roughly chopped
- Preheat the grill to high or the oven to 180deg.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Add the sliced mushrooms, bacon and tomato wedges, and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until tomato and mushrooms have softened.
- Lightly beat eggs with 1 tablespoon water in a large bowl. Stir in cheese, coriander, and the mushroom and tomato mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt remaining butter in the frypan over medium-low heat. Add the egg mixture, stir briefly, then cook for 5-6 minutes until golden underneath and nearly set. Place pan under hot grill for 3-4 minutes or until just set and top is golden. Or pour the mixture into a flan/quiche dish and bake in the oven for 30 - 40 minutes until just set and top is golden.
- Serve with your favourite salad.