And this one is a winner.
So easy and so yum.
|Just for a change, this is actually my image.|
Yes, it's my dinner that I'm eating right now! :)
Get This -
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 400g gravy beef, trimmed, cut into 3cm cubes
- 1/2 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 1/4 cup madras curry paste
- 3 cardamom pods, bruised
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 large potato, peeled, cut into 3cm cubes
- salt & pepper
- 1 stalk spring onions, chopped
- Steamed basmati rice, to serve
Do This -
- Heat half the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook beef, in batches, for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in dish. Add onion, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add curry paste and cardamom. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Return beef to dish. Add stock, tomatoes and potato. Season with salt & pepper. Cover. Bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat down to low and simmer for 2-3 hours or until beef is tender. Remove and discard cardamom pods. Serve with rice and top with plain yogurt or raita and spring onions.