Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Creamy Pea and Bacon Spaghetti

I had bacon in the freezer, cream in the fridge, and that was about it.
So I made this, and I'll be making it again...YUM!


(serves 4)

Get This -

300g spaghetti
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon butter
6 rashers streaky bacon, rind removed, sliced
1 cup fresh or frozen peas
2 garlic cloves, crushed
80g soft or cream cheese
300ml thin cream
1 cup (100g) grated parmesan cheese

Do This -
  1. Cook pasta in a pan of boiling, salted water according to packet directions. Drain, then toss in a little olive oil.
  2. Heat oil and butter in a large frypan over medium heat, then add bacon and cook until crisp and golden. Add peas and garlic and cook until garlic is no longer raw.
  3. Add cream cheese and cream, then stir over low heat until cheese has melted.
  4. Season with salt and plenty of cracked black pepper and stir in half of the parmesan. Add cooked spaghetti and toss. Serve topped with remaining parmesan.

5 comments:

  1. Ok. Tried it (it took me a couple of weeks, but I haven't been game to actually work with knives in a couple of weeks..).

    My son (ASD!!!!) has declared this his favourite meal ever. Walked around saying "I've just eaten the most beautiful food made by the most beautiful Mummy in the whole wide world". I kid you not. The boy is in love with me(so I told him you had the recipe and he told me I should email you and thank you).

    Joel adored it, I loved it (Soooo bad for me!) and Samuel (the worst eater in the world) ate it (sans bacon and the solitary pea I tried to sneak in).

    Win, I'd say. thank you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, that is so wonderful. Samuel sounds like an absolute sweetheart!! Tell him I'm so happy he loved it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made chicken with bacon and save the leftovers for this recipe. It was super fast, easy to make and really delicious. Children not even look at the remains! Thanks for this great recipe.
    Dreambox 800

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids love pasta AND bacon and peas are one of the few vegies they love. So I think this will be a winner when I try it on them. Thea you've done it again! Thank you xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum , Thea I love this for an easy dinner.

    ReplyDelete