|Just for a change - photo by ME!|
Prep time - 10 minutes
Cooking time - 25 minutes
1 x 375g packet macaroni
1 medium carrot, diced small
Do This -
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius (180 degrees Celsius fan forced).
2. In a large pot of rapidly boiling, salted water, cook the pasta to packet directions. Drain.
3. In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter and add the carrot and onion. Saute gently until the carrots are soft. Add the peas and corn.
4. Sprinkle in the flour and stir to coat all the vegetables well.
5. Pour in 1/2 cup milk and stir until it is all incorporated and starting to form a thick, doughy sauce. Add another half a cup and repeat. Add the last of the milk and cook for a minute more, stirring.
6. Toss in the mustard and cheese and stir until the cheese has melted. Add the tuna; break up any huge lumps but don't stir too much after this or the tuna will disintegrate and become mushy. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
7. Stir the pasta gently through and divide between 4 ramekins or small pie dishes. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over the top and give a little spray of olive oil.
8. Bake for 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown and crunchy.