Thursday, September 24, 2009

Savoury Muffins

I am sooo not a baker.  But I felt like some savoury muffins today and thought my kids might like to try them, too.  Well, of course, I loved them and my kids wouldn't even taste them!  Oh well, I'll keep trying.
 Makes 12
Get This -
  • 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
  • salt and pepper
  • 125g melted butter, cooled
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon herbs
  • 1/2 cup grated cheese
  • 2 bacon rashers, diced
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1/2 small red capsicum, diced
  • parmesan to top
 
Do This -
  1. Preheat oven to 200C.
  2. Fry onion, bacon and capsicum until onion is soft.
  3. Sift flour into a bowl.  Add cheese and season well with salt and pepper.
  4. Whisk eggs, milk and herbs together.
  5. Make a well in the flour, add milk mixture and butter, fold until well combined.
  6. Fold in bacon and onion mixture.
  7. Spoon into greased muffin tray, top with parmesan.
  8. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
 
Try to eat just one!!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I've made savoury muffins for the kids too, because they are supposed to be great lunchbox food. Delicious as they are, do you think they will even taste them? No! The same goes for other supposedly kid-friendly lunchbox foods like pasta salads, rice salads, and muffin pizzas.Oh well, at least Husband will eat them!

    ReplyDelete