Sunday, December 9, 2012

Couscous Salad


I think this is my favourite salad ever.
So quick.
So easy.
So YUM!!



Serves 2 - 4

Get This -
  • 1 cup couscous
  • 1 cup chicken stock
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, seeds removed, diced
  • 1/4 red onion, finely sliced
  • 2 tablespoons semi sun dried tomatoes
  • 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
  • 1 tablespoon capers
  • 4 anchovies chopped finely
  • 2 tbs lemon juice
  • fresh parsley
Do This -
  1. Place the couscous in a large bowl. Place the stock in a saucepan, bring to just boiling point, then pour over the couscous. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
  2. Fluff couscous with a fork and season with salt and pepper. When couscous is cold, stir in the cucumber, onion, tomatoes, olives, capers and anchovies.
  3. In a separate small bowl, combine the olive oil and lemon juice, add to the couscous and stir until well combined. Top with chopped parsley.

2 comments:

  1. I love cous cous also - my daughter not so much (and as she has been my constant companion for the last 13 years, and the requirements to feed her paramount in my catering requirements, it doesn't get near enough outings) - this looks great.

    I used to make something similar in my vego days, but using water for the cous cous, and mixed through a variety of roasted vegetables and garlic, with a cumin flavoured dressing stirred through.

    ReplyDelete